There are three police Safer Community Teams (SCT) covering East Northamptonshire (Harringworth is in the SCT North region):
SCT North (Oundle and surrounding areas)
SCT South (Rushden, Higham Ferrers and surrounding areas)
SCT Central (Thrapston, Irthlingborough, Raunds and surrounding areas)
They each have their own priorities, which are set every 12 weeks by a community panel. These decisions are fed into the multi-agency Joint Action Group (JAG), which then agrees how the priorities should be dealt with. The JAG also delegates actions to the police and other partners, depending on the nature of the issue. Here are the current priorities for each of the SCTs:
- To address concerns and reduce the incidents of burglary across the East Northants North SCT area.
- To address concerns and reduce rural crime in villages across the East Northants North SCT area.
- To tackle ASB nuisance at hotspot locations across the East Northants Central SCT area
- To tackle off road motorcycle nuisance across the East Northants Central SCT area
- To tackle speeding across the East Northants SCT area
- To tackle motorcycle nuisance at hotspot locations across Rushden and Higham Ferrers
- To tackle parking issues outside Whitefriars School, Rushden
You can keep up to date with the priorities and your local police surgery dates by visiting the Northants Police website www.northants.police.uk. Simply click on ‘Local Policing’ and select your area.
For more information, please contact:
Northamptonshire Police on 101 (non-emergency)
Community Safety Team, East Northamptonshire Council on
01832 742 204.
You can also email your SCT by using one of these emails relating to your area: SCTEastNorthantsNorth@northants.police.uk
In an emergency, always dial 999.